GIDS Recruitment 2016 – Giri Institute of Development Studies is a premier social science research institute. It receives financial support from Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi and U.P. Government on a matching basis. Research activities of the Institute cover a wide range of Social, Political and Economic issues with focus on development.
GIDS Recruitment 2016 – Faculty post detail:
Name of organization: Giri Institute of Development Studies
Name of posts: Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor
Total no. of posts: 05 Posts
Application Fee: Rs 250/- DD in the name of Giri Institute of Development Studies payable at Lucknow. The application should reach Director, Giri Institute of Development Studies, Sector-O, Aliganj, Lucknow, PIN-226024, Uttar Pradesh by registered post or speed post latest by 16th July 2016 or ‘within four weeks of publication of this advertisement’ whichever is later, along with a demand draft of Rs.250/- in the name of Giri Institute of Development Studies payable at Lucknow.
Selection Process: Short listed candidates will be called for interview.
i) An eminent scholar with Ph.D. in any of the social science disciplines, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work, with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
ii) A minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in university/college, and /or experience in research at the University/National Level institutions, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level;
iii) A minimum score of 400 as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based on Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) as laid down in the UGC regulations.
iv) Proven track record of conducting empirical research.
B. An outstanding professional with established reputation in the relevant field who has made significant contribution to knowledge.
(II) Associate Professor
i) Good academic record with a Ph.D. degree in a social science discipline.
ii) Master’s degree with at least 55% of marks or equivalent grade wherever grading system is followed.
iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University/College or Research Institution excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
iv) A minimum score of 300 as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) as laid down in the UGC regulations.
v) Proven track record of conducting empirical research.
(III) Assistant Professor
i) Good academic record with at least 55% of the marks or equivalent grade where grading system is practised at the Master’s degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
iii) Candidates who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedures for award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from NET/SLET/SET.
iv) Aptitude for research as evidenced in published papers in refereed journals.
How to Apply:
1. Applications should be sent on the prescribed form downloadable from the website of the institute www.gids.org.in
2. The candidate should read the instructions given in the application form carefully.
3. Applicants who are employed should send their application through proper channel.
4. The application should reach Director, Giri Institute of Development Studies, Sector-O, Aliganj, Lucknow, PIN-226024, Uttar Pradesh by registered post or speed post latest by 16th July 2016 or ‘within four weeks of publication of this advertisement’ whichever is later, along with a demand draft of Rs.250/- in the name of Giri Institute of Development Studies payable at Lucknow.
5. Applicants presently abroad may send their application by email before the due date. Proof of having been abroad will have to be produced if called for interview, subsequently.
6. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview
7. It is not necessary that all the positions are filled. Number of posts varies as per requirement of the Institute.
8. The recruitment/selection process can be postponed/suspended/cancelled at any time partially or wholly without assigning any reasons.
9. The institute reserves the right to interpret the notice/instructions as deemed appropriate. The decision of the institute management shall be final.
Official Website: http://www.gids.org.in/