1. Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu beats Olympic champion and her arch-rival Carolina Marin of Spain 21-19 21-16 to lift her maiden India Open and second Super series title of her career.
2. The country’s longest road tunnel, Chenani-Nashri tunnel, inaugurated by Narendra Modi. The 9.2 km longest tunnel, that links Kashmir Valley with Jammu by an all-weather route will reduce the distance by 31 kms and the travel time between Jammu and Srinagar by around a couple of hours.
3. India and Malaysia have signed seven agreements to expand cooperation in several areas including air services and human resources development.
4. Noted author and filmmaker Ajey Jhankar has passed away here today in a private hospital. He was 57.
5. Viktor Axelsen of Denmark won the India Open Super Series badminton tournament men’s singles title defeating Chinese Taipei’s Tien Chen Chou.
6. The Ministry of Power has announced on April 2, 2017 that Mizoram has become the 27th state to join Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) scheme.
7. Johanna Konta beats Caroline Wozniacki to clinch the Miami Open -the biggest title won by a British woman in 40 years.
8. Delhi High Court judge Justice Badar Durrez Ahmed was sworn in as the next chief justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court.
9. Roger Federer beats Rafael Nadal to win his third Miami Open title.
10. India ace tennis player Leander Paes along with his Canadian partner Adil Shamasdin defeated Luca Margaroli of Switzerland and Caro Zampieri of Brazil to win the men’s doubles title of Leon Challenger Tennis Tournament.